* Leads or supports problem investigations and/or design reviews for new or existing equipment and technologies related to the man-ufacturing environment. Creates technical summaries and presents results of activities, including recommendations. Investigates, researches, and/or analyzes new technology to resolve need for modifications or improvement to existing equipment/systems.
* Determines the feasibility of introducing new equipment, processes, or technologies into the current production environment.
* Plans and designs automated production equipment or systems, such as instruments, controls, machines, and mechanical or electri-cal systems. Develops/ initiates concepts and implementation plans for new tools, equipment, processes and/or technologies based on engineering principles and practices. Creates Proof of Concept plans following Design of Experiments (DOE) methodologies and executes accordingly.
* Coordinates and/or participates in peer review of equipment specifications, concept/detail equipment designs, performance require-ments, risk assessments, environmental or safety requirements.
* Coordinates fabrication and testing of new equipment and systems for in-house projects.
* Utilizes proficiency with PLC, HMI, and robot program creation and revision.
* Researches and interprets industry standards to determine applicability to current and future equipment and/ or processes (ANSI, RIA, NFPA, NEC, etc). Coordinates and/or performs Risk Assessments to ensure equipment and processes are built in compliance with OSHA and industry standards (ANSI, RIA, NFPA, etc.).
* Creates and revises 2D CAD files of component and assembly drawings for complex equipment and/or systems.
* Evaluates electrical systems, products, components, and applications by applying knowledge of electricity, materials, and end-user process. Performs calculations to determine power, amperage, voltage, wire and conduit sizing for circuits. Implements methods and approaches in developing design calculations, layouts, drawings, and specifications that support project objectives and stand-ards.
* Participates in improvement activities (yield, uptime, process efficiency, cost, etc.).